With another hurricane season just around the corner, it’s time to take the necessary precautions in protecting your home. Keep reading to check out the top five, as explained in this guide from CBS News.
- Review those insurance policies – It’s imperative to make sure that your current insurance policy will cover the full cost of rebuilding in the unfortunate case that you lose your home in a storm. With that in mind, remember that building costs continue to rise.
- Take an inventory of your property – It’s always a good idea to keep a master list of possessions so you know just what you need to replace and how much it’s worth.
- Bolster your roof – You want your roof to serve as a shield during a hurricane. If water and wind make their way through, it can turn into a nightmare. So be sure to inspect your roof covering and see that all the shingles are secured. Ideally, none of the shingles should be cracked or missing.
- Secure carports and porches – Many of us have porches and carports on our homes. However, if not properly anchored to the ground, they could tear a hole in your house.
- Seal windows and doors – It’s no secret that we live in a hot climate. Over time, though, this kind of weather can damage seals and allow sideways blowing rain to get into homes during a major storm. That’s why it’s important to double-check the seals around your windows and doors.
Reinforce Your Garage Door
Here’s a big one. In the article, the expert says, “Garage doors often blow in, and if you have an attic above that, they can also blow up and literally tear your house apart. You can strengthen your existing garage door by installing a vertical garage door brace and reinforcing it with horizontal wooden beams.”
The team at Hurricane Garage Doors understands the challenges that come this time of year. For the last 15 years, we’ve been making Florida safe, one door at a time. Though it’s never fun thinking about what you and your family need to do during inclement weather, it’s definitely a necessity. With a strong, resilient garage door, you take a crucial first step to ensuring safety.
It could be that your garage doors just needs a simple repair. Don’t handle it on your own, though! Instead, put your trust in a reliable garage door service. We can effectively identify the issue and use the most innovative techniques in providing a long-term solution.
In contrast, maybe you want to play it safe and invest a brand new garage door. From commercial rollup doors to sturdy residential garage doors, we have the answer. Not only do we offer the highest quality products, but our team consists of skilled technicians who are passionate about what they do.
Don’t let this be another year where you cross your fingers that the garage door can withstand hurricane season. Put your mind at ease with Hurricane Garage Doors in South Florida. We have locations in Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Tamarac, Miami, Margate, and Coconut Creek.
Call us today to schedule your consultation.