We expect our garage doors to open and close without issue. Not to mention, we often use our garages for storage and hobbies. But what about all the potential safety and security challenges? Recently, the Overhead Door Corporation came up with a list of garage door safety tips to ensure that everyone and everything are out of harm’s way. In this blog post, we’ll review these tips.
- Keep the garage door opener control button out of reach of small children. Though kids may see them as toys, the last thing you want is for them to play with the controls and risk getting hurt in the process.
- Consult the owner’s manual and learn how to use the emergency release feature. You may not think so now, but there will probably come a time when you’ll need this.
- Make it a point to do a quick check of the garage door every few months. Glance over springs, cables, rollers, and pulleys for any signs of wear. If you see that something doesn’t look right, contact your local garage door company. Many homeowners fail to realize that their garage door is a complicated mechanism that has the potential to cause bodily injury. It’s best to just leave the issue in the hands of a trained repairmen, who will make the necessary adjustments.
- Avoid leaving the garage door partially open, as it may consequently come down and contact an object in its path when activated again. Not to mention, a partially open door appeals to would-be burglars.
- When in doubt, contact a professional. Whether the door is off the tracks or you’ve noticed that it’s just not working the way it should, it’s best to trust an experienced garage door specialist. The majority of injuries involving garage doors occur as a result of a novice trying to solve the problem.
Let Us Help with a New Garage Door
There comes a time when you need to upgrade your garage door altogether. As a homeowner, you can feel comfortable teaming with Hurricane Garage Doors in South Florida. We have multiple locations in the area, including Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs, Tamarac, Miami, Margate, and Coconut Creek.
Residential Garage Doors
Our team only uses the top manufacturers, from LiftMaster and Clopay to Amarr and Craftsman. When searching for residential garage doors, look no further than what we offer. We will work with you in choosing a design that looks great and then perform the installation. As 15-year veterans in the industry, we’re passionate about we do and that’s providing elite garage door service at an affordable price.
Commercial Garage Doors
You may not think about it, but you rely heavily on a working garage door for your business. Should you decide that it’s time for a new one, we can present multiple options. For example, could you use a safe, reliable roll-up door? At Hurricane Garage Doors, we will put your business first and work around your schedule when scheduling the appointment.
Safety comes first in everything we do. With same day service, it’s no wonder why so many Florida residents choose Hurricane Garage Doors. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.