From roller and cable fixing to general maintenance, garage door repair is anything but easy. That said, how can you tell that one company is better than another? Keep reading for tips on how to choose the best garage door service.
- Do your homework – It’s probably not the best idea to go with the very first garage door company you find. Instead, do a bit of research and come up with a list of several options. From there, you can narrow down your list.
- Ask for estimates – Contact the companies you found and ask for a project estimate from each. If any is unwilling to provide one for whatever reason, you can cross them off your list. Feel free to also request details about product warranties.
- Look at references – Don’t be afraid to ask the company for a list of local references. As with estimates, if they’re reluctant to do so, it’s best to just move on to the next option. You can even take the extra step and call your Better Business Bureau to see if there are any unresolved complaints filed against the company.
- Get the cost figured out ahead of time – This is where homeowners often get into trouble with garage door repair. They get an initial project estimate only to get hit with additional significant charges at the time of completion. Be sure to inquire about the total minimum charges for a service call. Keep in mind that there may be costs for travel, labor, parts, etc. In addition, don’t authorize service until the technician explains the problem, solution, and exact cost. Most importantly, never pay for garage door repair in-full and up front prior to the work being done.
- Steer clear of door to door soliciting companies – These shady “businesses” thrive on the convenience factor. They often knock on the door, claim to have a special deal, and then explain to you why you should take advantage of it. As convenient as it may be to trust these kinds of companies, it’s best to avoid them altogether.
Florida’s Garage Door Repair Experts
Hurricane Garage Doors is the go-to choice for garage door maintenance and installation throughout Florida. Backed with more than 15 years of industry experience, we are proud to offer you the highest quality products. We truly care about our customers, which is why we only use the top-of-the-line brands such as LiftMaster, Clopay, GENIE, Amarr, and CRAFTSMAN.
Residential Garage Doors
We don’t have to remind you that your garage door is extremely important. When it’s not working properly or just giving you fits, you can depend on Hurricane Garage Doors for residential garage door service. Please don’t put yourself at risk. We proudly offer same day service, meaning you can count on us to deliver when you most need it.
Commercial Garage Doors
If you run a business and have an issue with your garage door, there’s no time to waste trying to fix it on your own. Rest assured that we will handle all of your commercial garage door dilemmas, allowing you to get back to running your business.
Call Hurricane Garage Doors for a free consultation.